Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Special Time in Sun Valley

This past week I had the pleasure to be a part of the Special Olympics! The Nordic and Downhill events were held in Sun Valley, while the other events were held in Boise, Idaho.

A view of the awards podium with Baldy in the background.

A couple weeks ago, I helped with a nordic ski lesson. I enjoyed skiing with several of the Special Olympic athletes from Sun Valley.

My friends Abraham, Denny, and Grant!

We are all smiles after an afternoon of skiing.

As a fundraiser for the Special Olympics, Micheal Franti put on a concert in Sun Valley! We had a great time and even got a picture with him!

Micheal Franti onstage.

My sister Kristy, my friend Noi, and I posing for a picture with Micheal Franti

It was very fun having the Special Olympics in town and participating in the events. Thank you to all the organizers and volunteers for putting on such a great event!

No comments: