Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good Things Come in Three's

Today we raced the 5/10k classic mass start. The start was a little tamer than last weeks 5k skate mass start. Unlike last week, the course was a bit more challenging and started off with 3 climbs in the first kilometer. This broke up the pack almost immediately. I had a solid start, putting myself in 8th place after the first climb. I skied relaxed and smooth and noticed that I had good kick going up the hills, compared to the other girls. I used this to my advantage and made up some ground. I was in 4th place, a few seconds behind the lead pack of three coming into the last half a kilometer. Unfortunately my skis weren't quite as fast on the downhill and I lost some time in the finishing stretch. I ended up 6th overall...another solid race.

Another beautiful day of racing!

After the race, I cheered for the men and little did I know that Petra Majdic was standing next to me. I said hello and asked if she would take a picture with me. She was very nice! I was very careful not to bump her side...she is slowly recovering from her fall at the Olympics. She says that it is feeling better but it is a slow process.

Petra Majdic and I!

The fun did not stop this morning with a good race and meeting Petra! It got even better! The sledding track was open! It is a track that takes you 1.5k you down the mountain at 40 km/hr! It was pretty fun!

Getting ready for a crazy ride with Noah Hoffman

Tomorrow we have 10k skate race, pursuit style. I am hoping for a good starting position and a good result. After the race, we are headed to Munich. Half of the team is flying back to the states on Monday and the other half of us are spending a day, checking out the sights in Munich.

I will update again as soon as possible!

No comments: